I am reading the book Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson and I am not too far into the book but I am already so intrigued.  The main conflict of this book would overall just have to be the reoccurring unfairness in the Justice System and the way it used to be and still is run. Stevenson talks about his own personal experiences with his career of a lawyer and being an executive director of Equal Justice Initiative and his encounters with the law due to taking certain cases. This book is basically Stevenson vs. the Justice System and the progression for trying to resolve the unfairness between the poor, wrongly condemned, and women and children trapped in the depths of the  Justice System. This unfairness could be resolved though with continuing you try a common ground that accommodates both parties.

2 thoughts on “For Justice”

1. Sounds very intriguing with some interesting parallelels to the to world today. Being inside the mind of a lawyer who fully understands the justice system also sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

1. I too am interested in criminal justice and topics like that. I am interested to see how the book develops and how far the author decides to go. I wonder is this book similar to anything you’ve ever read before? Would you recommend it so far? It seems like it’s been an intriguing read.